You can set up a connection between Klipfolio and Google Drive to show your Google Sheets data on a dashboard. Use the steps in this article to learn how set up that connection.
This article includes:
How do I connect to Google Drive data in Klipfolio?
When you connect your Google Drive data to Klipfolio, you will be prompted to connect your Google Drive account by entering your username and password. Doing so will create a token that enables Klipfolio to securely access your Google Drive account. Your token looks like George@Google. You can use and reuse the same token every time you connect to Google Drive.
How do I add a Google Drive data source?
Note: Google Sheets with pivot tables are not supported.
To add a Google Drive data source:
- Navigate to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and choose Google Drive from the list.
- If this is your first time connecting to Google Analytics:
- Click Connect an Account. Enter your Google Analytics login credentials and click Next. If prompted, click Allow Access to enable Klipfolio to securely access your Google Analytics data. Click Next Step.
- If you have connected with Google Analytics before:
- Select an existing connection (token) from the drop-down list and click Next Step.
- Navigate through your Google Drive folders (choose either My Drive, Team Drives, or Shared with me to locate your file).
- Select the file to be uploaded.
Note: Ensure that your Google Drive spreadsheet name is no longer than 31 characters.
- Click Submit.
Note: In addition to your unmodelled data source, you can create a modelled version of your data source at this stage. To create a modelled data source, ensure that the checkbox next to Model this data source is selected before clicking Continue.
To learn more about creating a modelled data source, click here.
- Verify that the correct data is displayed and click Continue.
Note: For a data source to update and refresh accurately, the data source name and ID must not be changed.