In Klipfolio, you can share a dashboard via a published link or in-app.
When should I share using published links?
- You want the option to share with those inside as well as outside your account.
- You want heightened dashboard access security, with options including password protection, IP Range restriction, and exemption from public searches.
When should I share in-app?
- You want to quickly share dashboards with groups within your account.
- You want to set different levels of access and visibility for different users.
- You want users to be able to view multiple dashboards at a time.
See the tables below to compare the benefits of each option.
|Security||Viewing in Klipfolio||Viewing via published link|
|Know who has access to your dashboard||Yes||Yes*|
|Password||Yes (Klipfolio login required)||Optional|
|IP Range Restriction (optional)||Yes||Yes|
|Share with non-account members||No||Yes|
|Convenience and user access||Viewing in Klipfolio||Viewing via published link|
|Interactive (User Input Controls, drill down, tool tips)||Yes||Yes|
|Filter based on user||Yes (with User Properties)||No|
|View Klip Comments||Yes||No|
|Use hyperlinks in Klips to add, reuse, or replace dashboards||Yes||No|
* You can control who can see your dashboard by only giving access to individuals through a direct link (password optional) or by setting an IP range restriction.
** If you select the Visibility option of Public and available via search when creating a published link, your dashboard can be indexed and searched by search engines and will be available to anyone on the Internet. A link to the public URL may also appear on the Klipfolio.com site. See this article for more information
Still have questions? Please contact our customer success team.