OAuth tokens are a way for you to approve applications such as Facebook and Twitter to act on your behalf without sharing your user credentials every time a query is made. If you have trouble accessing a data source, it may be because your OAuth token has expired. Reasons for expiration include:
- You changed your password
- You decided not to allow an application to access your account
- Some services may require re-authentication (for example, Facebook requires re-authorization every two months).
Re-authorizing an expired OAuth token
- Log into your Klipfolio account.
- From the main page, click your name and select Account.
- Select the Connected Accounts tab.
- Click the Name of the token that requires re-authorization. The token properties page appears.
- Click the Re-Authorize button in the token properties page. Some APIs may require you to log into your account.