As an administrator, you are responsible for managing dashboards, Klips™, and data sources. In order for a user to be able to delete one of these assets, one of the following conditions must be true:
- The user must be assigned the administrator role.
- The user must be the owner of the asset.
- The user must have the appropriate delete permissions as part of their assigned role. For example, delete a Klip, delete a dashboard, or delete a data source. As well, the user must have share right permissions to the asset that includes the ability to edit the asset.
One important aspect to asset management is the ability to quickly locate an asset. You can do this by clicking on Dashboards, Klips, or Data Sources from your homepage and then typing in an asset name or part of a name in the Find... box.
You can select one or more assets at a time. A Klip or data source will not be deleted in the event that a Klip already exists on another dashboard, or that a data source is already in use by another Klip.
Deleting a Klip, dashboard, or data source
Perform the followings steps to delete one or more assets.
- From the homepage, click on an asset category: Dashboards, Klips, or Data Sources.
- Select the asset name or names to delete.
Important: Narrow down your search by using the Find... box located at the top-right of the screen.
- Select the Delete button when you are ready to delete the selected items.
You will be immediately asked whether you want to proceed with the deletion process.
After you have confirmed you want to proceed, the selected assets are permanently removed.
Note: If you have chosen to delete a dashboard, you are given the option to delete this dashboard only or to delete this dashboard and its Klips and data sources. See Options when deleting a dashboard to learn more.
Options when deleting a dashboard
When you delete a dashboard, you can choose to delete only the dashboard or to delete the Klips and data sources it uses as well.
If you select Delete this dashboard only, the Klips that displayed on the deleted dashboard (as well as their associated data sources) will be retained in the Klips and Data Sources lists. You can locate them by clicking the corresponding tab in the left navigation bar.
If you select Delete this dashboard and its Klips and data sources, you will be presented with the full lists of Klips and data sources you would be deleting with your dashboard. If you also use Metric Klips, confirm that none of the data sources are also being used by Metric Klips before clicking Delete Now. If you decide you don’t want to delete any of the listed assets from your dashboard, click Cancel to close the dialogue.