It’s easy to start a discussion in Slack about a Klip or dashboard you are looking at in Klipfolio. Share directly to Slack by enabling the Slack Integration from your account settings in Klipfolio and then choosing Share with Slack from the Klip or dashboard menu as shown below.
Enable Slack Integration
- In Klipfolio, click on your Account name and select Account > Settings > General.
- Click Edit next to Slack Integration.
- Click Authorize with Slack. A Slack authorization dialog is displayed. Select the Slack Team you want to authorize.
- Click Authorize to allow Klipfolio to send Klips and dashboards to Slack. When Slack is authorized, the Slack Integration in Klipfolio is automatically enabled and you can start sharing.
Note: You can authorize with one Slack Team at a time. If you decide you want to authorize with a different Slack Team, you must remove the Klipfolio app in Slack. In Klipfolio Settings, click Check Authorization to remove the authorization and go through the enabling process in Klipfolio again.
Share a Klip with a channel on Slack
Important! You cannot share Klips and Dashboards in private Slack channels.
- To share a Klip to Slack, click on the Klip 3-dot menu.
- Select Share > Share Klip with Slack.
- In the Share this Klip with Slack screen, select a channel from the dropdown list. Note: You can select one or more channels. Or just start typing and Klipfolio will auto-complete the name.
- Once you select a channel, you can also include a message.
- Click Share to send the Klip. Sharing with a channel will show as a new message in the Slack channel.
Share a dashboard with a channel or user on Slack
- To share a dashboard to Slack, click on the dashboard 3-dot menu.
- Select Share > Share dashboard with Slack.
- In the Share this dashboard with Slack screen, select a channel or user from the dropdown list. Or just start typing and Klipfolio will auto-complete the name.
- Once you select a channel or user, you can also include a message.
- Click Share to send the dashboard. If you share with a user, they will receive a notification (if they enabled notifications in the Slack app). Sharing with a channel will show as a new message in the Slack channel.