When you share an asset with individual users in your account, an email notification is automatically sent to the recipient.
The email notification includes the following information:
- The sharer's name
- The asset's name
- The recipient's access to the asset (Edit or View)
- A link that goes to the asset in the recipient's account:
- Clicking on the link for a Klip or a data source takes the recipient to the asset's details page.
- Clicking on the link for a dashboard opens the shared dashboard and adds it to the recipient's list of open dashboards (in the left navigation bar).
- Clicking on the link for a metric opens the shared metric in its Explore View.
- Clicking on the link for a Metric Board opens the shared Metric Board.
What else do I need to know?
Here are a few more things you should know about email notifications:
- Email notifications are not supported for group sharing. They are only supported when sharing assets with individuals.
- Each asset that is shared sends a unique email notification. For example, if you share 5 Klips with an individual, the recipient will get 5 separate email notifications.
- Email notifications only include the primary shared asset, not secondary assets. For example, if you share a dashboard, the notification won't include details for the Klips and data sources associated with the shared dashboard.