In Klipfolio, each user is assigned one or more roles. Each role includes a set of permissions. These permissions define the actions a user can perform.
Klipfolio Klips includes the following built-in roles:
- Account Administrator - users with this role can manage all the assets in the account, for example, they can add users, assign roles, and remove Klips and Klip dashboards. They cannot create or edit assets.
- Klips Editor - users with this role have all permissions except those specific to account administration. They can share, create, edit, and delete data sources, Klips, and Klip dashboards.
- Klips Viewer - users with this role can share Klips and Klip dashboards and see assets that have been shared with them.
To manage user roles and permissions, in the left navigation sidebar, click the button in the left navigation sidebar and select Account. Then, on the left, click either Users or Roles depending on the action you're performing.
Notes on roles and permissions
Here are a few important things to note about Klips roles and permissions:
- The first user in the account is automatically assigned all roles, including the PowerMetrics Editor and PowerMetrics Viewer roles, in case you want to try out our other product, PowerMetrics.
- When you add a user they are assigned to the Klips Viewer role by default. If you want to enable more permissions for a user, you can assign them to additional roles.
- You can add and remove roles for users, in accordance with your pricing plan. However, please note:
- You must retain at least one Account Administrator.
- All users in your account are assigned to the Klips Viewer role - this role cannot be removed.
- The Account Administrator role enables you to manage company assets. A user with this role can view and delete account assets, such as Klips and Klip dashboards, but they cannot see the data in these assets unless they've been shared with them.
Permissions and permitted actions by role
The following table describes the permissions assigned to each built-in role for Klipfolio Klips. These default roles cannot be altered.
|Access Klips||View a list of the Klips to which you have access||☑||☑|
|Build Klips||Create new Klips||☑|
|Share Klips||Share Klips||☑|
|Email Klips||Email Klips and schedule email snapshots||☑|
|Embed Klips||Create and manage embedded instances of Klips||☑|
|Download Klips||Transfer Klips locally||☑|
|Edit Klips||Modify Klips||☑|
|Delete Klips||Permanently remove Klips from your account||☑||☑|
|Access dashboards||View a list of the Klip dashboards to which you have access||☑||☑||☑|
|Build dashboards||Create new Klip dashboards||☑|
|Share dashboards||Share Klip dashboards||☑||☑|
|Publish links to dashboards||Generate published links to share Klip dashboards with others||☑|
|Email dashboards||Email Klip dashboards and schedule email snapshots||☑|
|Download dashboards||Transfer Klip dashboards locally||☑|
|Edit dashboards||Modify Klip dashboards||☑|
|Delete dashboards||Permanently remove Klip dashboards from your account||☑||☑|
|Manage dashboard visibility||Manage visibility rights for Klip dashboards||☑|
|Access data sources||View a list of data sources to which you have access||☑||☑|
|Create data sources||Create new data sources||☑|
|Share data sources||Share data sources||☑|
|Download data sources||Transfer data source files locally||☑|
|Edit data sources||Modify data source files||☑|
|Delete data sources||Permanently remove data source files from your account||☑||☑|
|Add, remove, and rearrange dashboards||Manage Klip dashboards||☑||☑|
|Add, remove, and rearrange Klips||Manage Klips||☑|
|Switch theme||Change theme for Klip dashboards||☑||☑||☑|
|Enter full-screen mode||Enter full-screen mode||☑||☑|
|See comments||View Klip notations||☑||☑|
|Add and edit comments||Manage Klip notations||☑|
|See data source warnings||View data source warnings||☑|
User, Groups and Roles
|Manage all users, groups, and roles||Account administration of users, groups, and roles||☑|
|View all users||View a list of the users in your account||☑||☑||☑|
|View all groups||View a list of the groups in your account||☑||☑||☑|
|Edit profile||Modify user settings in the "My Profile" page||☑||☑|
|Manage company settings||Administer company account settings||☑|
|View account usage||View event logs and refresh history||☑|
|Manage connected accounts (OAuth tokens)||Create, edit, and delete OAuth tokens||☑||☑|
|Access API||Authenticate and send requests to Klipfolio's API||☑||☑||☑|
|Manage all Klips||Account administration of Klips||☑|
|Manage all dashboards||Account administration of Klip dashboards||☑|
|Manage all data sources||Account administration of data source files||☑|
|Manage all comments||Account administration of Klip notations||☑|
|Manage all PowerMetrics||Account administration of PowerMetrics||☑|
|Manage all PowerMetric dashboards||Account administration of PowerMetric dashboards||☑|