Encourage collaboration and communication by sharing your key business metrics. Download your favourite dashboards as PDFs and keep everyone informed with access to a digital or printed copy of your data.
Note: This feature is available to Plus, Pro, and Custom plans. If you're on a free plan, you can access our browser-based printing ability.
Here are a few things to note:
- Make sure your dashboard is in view mode. This feature is only available for dashboards when they’re in view mode (not edit mode).
- You might need to make adjustments. Check the PDF preview. If it doesn’t display your dashboard as desired, adjust the settings.
- Pages won’t automatically break around individual widgets. Page breaks are inserted for you (unless you choose the “Auto” or “Fit to page” settings). However, you may need to adjust the widgets on your dashboard and experiment with scaling to insert page breaks optimally.
- Allow multiple files to be downloaded simultaneously. If you download multiple dashboard pdf files simultaneously, you may see a pop-up message asking you to “Allow” the batch of files to be downloaded. This is a browser-imposed restriction that can be updated, based on the browser, to allow automatic downloads of multiple files in future.
- Coming soon. Right now, this feature only applies to dashboards. Soon we’ll make it available for individual metrics too. In the meantime, you can download and print a single metric as a PDF by adding a dashboard that only includes that single metric. Or use our browser-based printing feature - available for dashboards and individual metrics.
To adjust print settings and download a dashboard as a PDF:
- In an open dashboard, click the Download as PDF button in the dashboard title bar.
Alternatively, you can click the 3-dot menu (in the upper right corner) and select Download as PDF.
- The PDF preview displays on the left and automatically updates as you adjust the settings.
Note: If you’re using Firefox as your browser, you can adjust settings and print the dashboard but the PDF preview will not display. If you want to be able to see the preview while you adjust settings, we recommend using Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or Microsoft Edge.
- If you’re happy with the PDF preview, click Download. Otherwise, adjust any or all of the following settings:
- Scale: Choose the percentage by which you want to magnify or reduce the dashboard display (from 25% to 200%). Note that a higher scaling percentage makes the information in the dashboard easier to read but may reduce the amount of information that’s visible.
- Page size: The Auto option doesn’t have a set page size or orientation and no page breaks are inserted. If you aren’t going to print the dashboard, you may prefer to select this option and adjust scaling for an optimal display output. The auto option is also a good choice if you plan to refine print settings using a PDF tool, such as Acrobat.
- Page orientation: Select either Portrait or Landscape.
- Fit to page: Fits the dashboard to the page size chosen above. If you don’t select this option, the dashboard will be split over multiple pages, with dark lines indicating page breaks. Note: If you’re not satisfied with the existing, default page breaks, you can manually adjust widgets on the dashboard to move the page breaks to more ideal locations.
- When you’re done making adjustments, click Download.
Your settings are retained and will be selected automatically next time you download this dashboard. Note: If you remove focus from the dashboard the settings will revert to default values and you'll need to reset them.