You can set up a connection between Klipfolio® and your ChartMogul data to display your subscription analytics data on a dashboard.
This article includes:
- Options for visualizing my ChartMogul data
- Connecting my ChartMogul data in Klipfolio
- Adding a ChartMogul pre-built or custom-built data source
- Creating a ChartMogul data source from scratch
- Creating a ChartMogul custom Klip
What options do I have for visualizing my ChartMogul data?
Create data visualizations based on pre-built options or build your own. The choice is yours!
Pre-built by Klipfolio
Take advantage of our pre-built data sources to gather the data most meaningful to you.
- ChartMogul pre-built data sources: Data sources provide the foundation for Klip® building, so we suggest you create a data source as a first step (before building Klips™ and adding them to your dashboard). Our pre-built data sources focus on the most sought-after ChartMogul data and are found on the Service Connectors page. When you select a service connector from this page, the data source for that service is automatically added.
Custom built by you
Taking the time to learn how to create your own data sources and Klips unlocks your data and enables you to control, manipulate, and transform it, leading you to unprecedented insights into your business.
- Custom data sources: When you create a custom data source, you can either use the pre-built data source as a starting point from which to write your own query or you can write your own queries from the ground up and build a data source from scratch. You create custom-built data sources from either your list of data sources or the Service Connectors page.
- Custom Klips: Using our Klip Editor, you can construct and manipulate your data, including integrating multiple data sources, to produce unique, custom-built data visualizations. You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard.
Regardless of whether you choose pre-built, custom-built, or a combination of both, before you can start building Klips and dashboards you need to:
- Make sure you have ChartMogul permissions that allow API access.
- Connect to ChartMogul data in Klipfolio.
How do I connect to ChartMogul data in Klipfolio?
To connect your ChartMogul data to Klipfolio, you will need your Account Token and Secret Key.
How do I find my ChartMogul Account Token and Secret Key?
To find your ChartMogul API Key and Secret Key:
- Log in to your ChartMogul account.
- On the left side menu, click the Settings icon.
- Select API.
- Copy your Account Token and Secret Key and save for use in Klipfolio. .
How do I add a ChartMogul pre-built or custom-built data source?
To add a ChartMogul pre-built or custom-built data source:
- Navigate to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and choose ChartMogul from the list.
- Select a pre-built data source from the left section of the Pick a Data Request page. Alternatively, if you want to create a custom-built data source, click Create a custom ChartMogul data source.
- Enter your ChartMogul API Key and Secret Key and click Next Step.
- Adjust the Query URL information, as noted on the Configure Data Source page, to replace any generic placeholder data with your own.
- If you are creating a custom-built data source, edit the Query URL further to return the data you need. Refer to the ChartMogul API documentation for details.
- Click Submit.
Note: In addition to your unmodelled data source, you can create a modelled version of your data source at this stage. To create a modelled data source, ensure that the checkbox next to Model this data source is selected before clicking Continue.
To learn more about creating a modelled data source, click here.
If you want to edit a data source that you already created, check out How to edit or reconfigure a data source, and get step-by-step instructions.
How do I create a ChartMogul data source from scratch?
You can choose to build a data source from scratch. Klipfolio connects to hundreds of services in the cloud that have a REST API. If you take the time to learn your service’s API to create queries for the data you want, your possibilities are endless. Here’s a quick overview video on APIs and Klipfolio:
If you need help using APIs, enlist a data analyst or developer.
Refer to the ChartMogul API documentation to discover more data requests.
When you are happy with your query, click Submit, and then save and name your new data source. You're now ready to use it to build a ChartMogul Klip.
See the reference table below for API related information and sample queries.
|API Documentation||ChartMogul API Documentation|
|Authentication Method||Basic HTTP Authentication|
|API Limits and Notes||The Annualized Run Rate Metric is in cents (in the account selected currency). To get the actual value, divide by 100 in the Klip Editor.|
Example rolling date range for the last 12 months:
For customer count over the past 12 months:
How do I create a ChartMogul custom Klip?
You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard. You choose a data visualization format, for example, a pie chart, gauge, or table, and decide whether you want to use an existing data source or create a new one. In the Klip Editor, there are limitless opportunities to modify, relate, and display your data. See the following related articles for more information and get building!