You can set up a connection between Klipfolio and your Twilio data to display your communications metrics on a dashboard.
This article includes:
- Options for visualizing my Twilio data
- Connecting my Twilio data in Klipfolio
- Adding a Twilio pre-built or custom-built data source
- Creating a Twilio data source from scratch
- Creating a Twilio custom Klip
What options do I have for visualizing my Twilio data?
Create data visualizations based on pre-built options or build your own. The choice is yours!
Pre-built by Klipfolio
Take advantage of our pre-built data sources to gather the data most meaningful to you.
- Twilio pre-built data sources: Data sources provide the foundation for Klip building, so we suggest you create a data source as a first step (before building Klips and adding them to your dashboard). Our pre-built data sources focus on the most sought-after Twilio data and are found on the Service Connectors page. When you select a service connector from this page, the data source for that service is automatically added.
Custom built by you
Taking the time to learn how to create your own data sources and Klips unlocks your data and enables you to control, manipulate, and transform it, leading you to unprecedented insights into your business.
- Custom data sources: When you create a custom data source, you can either use the pre-built data source as a starting point from which to write your own query or you can write your own queries from the ground up and build a data source from scratch. You create custom-built data sources from either your list of data sources or the Service Connectors page.
- Custom Klips: Using our Klip Editor, you can construct and manipulate your data, including integrating multiple data sources, to produce unique, custom-built data visualizations. You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard.
Regardless of whether you choose pre-built, custom-built, or a combination of both, before you can start building Klips and dashboards you need to:
How do I connect to Twilio data in Klipfolio?
To connect your Twilio data to Klipfolio, you will need your Account SID and Auth Token. To get the right data from Twilio, you use your Twilio Account SID in the queries provided by Klipfolio or in your own query when building data sources.
How do I find my Twilio API Key and Account SID?
To find your Twilio API Key and Account SID:
- Log in to your Twilio account.
- From the Console Dashboard, or from the Settings tab, copy your Account SID and Auth Token. You will use these to connect your data in Klipfolio.
How do I add a Twilio pre-built or custom-built data source?
To add a Twilio pre-built or custom-built data source:
Important! Do not edit the date in any of the Twilio queries.
- Navigate to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and choose Twilio from the list.
- Select a pre-built data source from the left section of the Pick a Data Request page. Alternatively, if you want to create a custom-built data source, click Create a custom Twilio data source.
- Enter your Twilio Account SID and Auth Token and click Next Step.
- Adjust the Query URL information, as noted on the Configure Data Source page to replace any generic placeholder data with your own. For example, replace
<yourAccountSID>with your own Twillio Account SID (no angle brackets).
- If you are creating a custom-built data source, edit the Query URL further to return the data you need. Refer to the Twilio API documentation for details.
- Click Submit.
Note: In addition to your unmodelled data source, you can create a modelled version of your data source at this stage. To create a modelled data source, ensure that the checkbox next to Model this data source is selected before clicking Continue.
To learn more about creating a modelled data source, click here.
If you want to edit a data source that you already created, check out How to edit or reconfigure a data source, and get step-by-step instructions.
How do I create a Twilio data source from scratch?
You can choose to build a data source from scratch. Klipfolio connects to hundreds of services in the cloud that have a REST API. If you take the time to learn your service’s API to create queries for the data you want, your possibilities are endless. Here’s a quick overview video on APIs and Klipfolio:
If you need help using APIs, enlist a data analyst or developer.
Refer to the Twilio API documentation to discover more data requests.
When you are happy with your query, click Submit, and then save and name your new data source. You're now ready to use it to build a Twilio Klip.
See the reference table below for API related information and sample queries.
|API Documentation||Twilio API Documentation|
|Authentication Method||Basic HTTP Authentication.|
|API Limits and Notes||Don't touch the date
Example rolling date range for the last month:
For a list of calls:
How do I create a Twilio custom Klip?
You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard. You choose a data visualization format, for example, a pie chart, gauge, or table, and decide whether you want to use an existing data source or create a new one. In the Klip Editor, there are limitless opportunities to modify, relate, and display your data. See the following related articles for more information and get building!