To set up a scheduled email snapshot for a Klip or dashboard that contains variables, you must provide the value of the variable you want to display, otherwise when you send the email snapshot it will contain a blank Klip or dashboard. Refer to How to build User Input Control components for more information about User Input Control components.
Setting up a scheduled email snapshot for Klips or dashboards with variables
- Select the Klip or dashboard that you want to schedule as an email snapshot.
- In the top-right corner of the Klip or dashboard, click the Menu icon.
- Select Share > Email Klip or Share > Email Dashboard.
- In the dialog box, click set up or manage an existing recurring scheduled email.
- Click Set up an email snapshot.
- At Parameters, click Variable(s). You are asked for the Current Value for each of your variables. Follow the steps below to find your Current Value(s).
Finding the Current Value for your variable
- In a new tab of your web browser open your Klipfolio account.
- Navigate to the Klip with User Input Controls that you want to schedule as an email snapshot.
- In the top-right corner of the Klip, click the Menu icon.
- Select Edit.
- In the Klip Editor, navigate to the Component Tree on the left-hand side of your screen.
- In the Component Tree, under User Input Control, select Values.
- Select the Data panel.
- On the Data Panel, click the Evaluate icon to see the Current Values for each row in your drop-down list.
- From the Evaluation Results list, highlight a value and copy it.
Using your Current Value in a scheduled email snapshot
- Navigate back to your first Klipfolio tab.
- Under Current Value, paste the Current Value into the text box.
- Click Finished.
- Complete the Scheduled Email Snapshot setup process.
You can now send a scheduled email snapshot of a Klip or dashboard that contains variables.
- How to build User Input Control components
- Emailing a Klip
- Emailing a snapshot of a dashboard and all of its Klips