To set up a scheduled email snapshot for a Klip or dashboard that contains variables, you must provide the current value of the variable you want to display, otherwise when you send the email snapshot it will contain a blank Klip or dashboard.
This article includes:
Finding the current value for your variable
Before you set up your scheduled email snapshot, you will need to find the current value of your variable.
To find the current value for your variable:
- Navigate to the Klip with User Input Controls that you want to schedule as an email snapshot.
- In the top-right corner of the Klip, click the 3-dot menu.
- Select Edit.
- In the Klip Editor, navigate to the Component Tree on the left-hand side of your screen.
- In the Component Tree, under User Input Control, select Values.
- Select the Data panel.
- On the Data Panel, click the Evaluate icon to see the Current Values for each row in your drop-down list.
- From the Evaluation Results list, highlight a value and copy it.
Setting up a scheduled email snapshot for Klips or dashboards with variables
Now that you have the current value for your variable, you’re ready to set up a scheduled email snapshot for your Klip or dashboard.
To set up a scheduled email snapshot with variables:
- Select the Klip or dashboard that you want to schedule as an email snapshot.
- In the top-right corner of the Klip or dashboard, click the 3-dot menu.
- Select Share > Email Klip or Share > Email Dashboard.
- In the dialog box, click set up or manage an existing recurring scheduled email.
- Click Set up an email snapshot.
- At Parameters, click Variable(s).
- Under Current Value, paste the current value in the text box.
Note: If you want to use the Include "All" data option, the current value for this variable is _all_.
- Click Finished.
- Complete the Scheduled Email Snapshot setup process.
- How to build User Input Control components
- Emailing a Klip
- Emailing a snapshot of a dashboard and all of its Klips