After you create a data source, it's accessible from your list of data sources. Choosing a data source from your list opens its details page where you can view its settings and make modifications.
The editing options available to you depend on the data source type.
For example, when modifying an unmodelled (raw) data source, you can edit its name and description (by clicking "Edit Properties") and reconfigure its underlying data (by clicking "Reconfigure Connection"). (See the example procedure below.) In contrast, the modelled data sources that are automatically created when you add instant metrics are managed by Klipfolio and cannot be edited or reconfigured.
Go here for more information on actions that can be performed from a data source's details page.
To edit or reconfigure a data source:
- Click Data Sources in the left navigation sidebar to open your list of data sources.
If you don’t see the above option, go to the bottom of the left navigation sidebar and click your Account Name > Data Sources instead.
- From the list of data sources, choose the one you want to modify.
- If you want to modify general settings, at About this Data Source, click Edit Properties, make changes, and click Save.
- If you want to modify the data within the data source, at Connection, click Reconfigure Connection > Reconfigure.
- If prompted, authenticate or choose a token for the account you want to work with.
- You are now on the Edit Data Source page, where you can make changes.
- When you're finished making changes, click Done.
NOTE: If you use Klips, you can also edit or reconfigure a data source from within the Klip Editor. Click its 3-dot menu and select About Data Source. This action takes you to the About this Data Source page. See the following example: