To find a data source’s details page, click Data Sources in the left side navigation, then click the name of the data source you’d like to examine.
From a data source’s details page, you can:
- Find basic information, like the data source size, ID, and format.
- View and edit the data source’s name, description, refresh settings, and sharing access.
- Edit modelled data source properties.
- Use the buttons at the top of the screen to duplicate or model unmodelled data sources, create a new Klip, or create a PowerMetric.
- See the associations and dependencies between assets and data sources, for example, identify the Klips that were built using the data source.
- See a preview of the data source.
- Delete the data source.
Note: Available options and information vary depending on whether the data source is modelled and whether you are in the Klips or PowerMetrics product area in Klipfolio.
Finding general information
Clicking General opens the About this data source page where you can find the following information and perform the following actions:
- View basic information about your data source, including the Owner of the data source, date Created, Data Source ID, Format, and Size.
- Edit the Name, Description, and refresh interval of the data source by clicking Edit Properties. To learn more about the refresh queue, click here.
- Create a new modelled data source by clicking Create modelled data source or edit your modelled data source by clicking Edit Model. To learn more about working with modelled data sources, click here.
Viewing and modifying connection details
After clicking General, you can view your connection details under Connection.
From Connection, you can:
- Click Reconfigure Connection to make changes to your data source query.
- Click Queue for Refresh to manually place the data source into the refresh queue or Re-Upload Now to update an uploaded data source. You can also check your Refresh Status here and see when your data was last refreshed.
- Click View Refresh Info to access the Refresh Info tab.
- View which unmodelled data source is being used by a modelled data source at Uses Data Source.
- If applicable, view merged modelled data source details at Uses Modelled Data Source(s) or Used by Modelled Data Source(s). To learn more about merging modelled data sources, click here.
Previewing your data
Click General to see a preview of your data under Current Data. You can see how your data will appear using the preview window and, for unmodelled data sources, download a copy by clicking Download Data.
Deleting your data
Delete your data source by clicking General and scrolling down to either Delete Model or Delete Data Source.
If you are viewing a modelled data source:
- Delete your modelled data source by clicking Delete Model. Deleting your modelled data source permanently removes it from all data source lists, Klips, and PowerMetrics in your account. It also removes it from users' accounts that it was shared with.
Note: Deleting the modelled data source does not delete the unmodelled data source that was used to build it.
If you are viewing an unmodelled data source:
- Delete your unmodelled data source by clicking Delete Data Source. Deleting your unmodelled data source permanently removes it from all data source lists, Klips, PowerMetrics, and modelled data sources. It also removes it from users' accounts that it was shared with.
Sharing your data source
Click Sharing to see who has access to the data source. To update sharing access, click the Edit button next to Access. To learn more about sharing data sources, click here.
Refreshing your data
Click Refresh Info to view the refresh information and error log for your data source. Click Edit to change your queue for refresh rate and click Queue for Refresh to manually place the data source into the refresh queue or Re-Upload Now to update an uploaded data source.
Identifying associated Klips
Click Associated Klips to view a list of Klips that use this data source. Note that associated Klips created prior to 2018 may not be listed here. Klips using this data source via the
DATASOURCE function will not appear.