|Data Source Type||Shopify|
|API Documentation||Shopify API documentation|
Creating a data source using Shopify
To create a data source using Shopify, you need to accomplish 3 tasks:
- Start the data source creation process.
- Authenticate with Shopify.
- Write a query and enter it in Klipfolio.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Shopify, go to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and select Shopify.
Step 2: Authenticate with Shopify
Note: Klipfolio will soon be listed on Shopify’s App Store, but good things take time! You may be redirected to Shopify before you can continue authenticating. If the message
This app isn’t listed on the App Store displays, scroll down and click the Install unlisted app button.
To authenticate with Shopify:
- Enter your Shop Name and click Continue.
- Choose a Shopify OAuth token or create a new OAuth token by clicking Connect an account.
- If prompted, enter your email and password and click Log in.
Note: If you are redirected to Shopify and the message
This app isn’t listed on the App Storedisplays, scroll down and click the Install unlisted app button.
- Click Continue to save your OAuth Credentials.
Step 3: Write the query and enter it in Klipfolio
Refer to the Shopify API Documentation as you are writing a query.
There are many query options available in the Shopify API documentation, however, here are some sample queries to get you started:
For shop information
Managing the number of query responses
To manage your query response, you can paginate your response, add limits to your query, or let Klipfolio manage the number of responses.
To get the most data, select Paginate.
- Note: Shopify has replaced page-based pagination with cursor-based pagination. If the end-point in your URL includes a Shopify API version that doesn’t support cursor-based pagination your query will only return 50 records. To avoid this issue, we recommend removing the
api/<version>portion from your query, as in our sample queries above. If you want to learn more about these Shopify API changes, go here and here.
To get a specific number of responses, add a limits parameter to your query.
Note: Make sure Paginate is not selected because it overrides limits. (See image below.)
No Pagination or Limits
If you do not select Paginate or add limits, Klipfolio will return 50 responses.
Complete the data source creation process
Now that you have written your query,
- At Method, select GET (or POST).
- Select Get data.
Note: In addition to your unmodelled data source, you can create a modelled version of your data source at this stage. To create a modelled data source, ensure that the checkbox next to Model this data source is selected before clicking Continue.
To learn more about creating a modelled data source, click here.
- If you are happy with the data, select Continue.
- Save your new data source.