|Data Source Type||Shopify|
|API Documentation||Shopify API documentation|
Creating a data source using Shopify
To create a data source using Shopify, you need to accomplish 3 tasks:
- Start the data source creation process.
- Authenticate with Shopify.
- Write a query and enter it in Klipfolio.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Shopify, go to the Connector Gallery page in Klipfolio and select Shopify.
Step 2: Authenticate with Shopify
- Enter your Shop Name and click Next.
- At Sign in using, choose a Shopify OAuth token or create a new OAuth token by clicking Sign In to Shopify.
- If prompted, enter your name and password and click Log in.
- Save your OAuth Credentials.
Step 3: Write the query and enter it in Klipfolio
Refer to the Shopify API Documentation as you are writing a query. There are many query options available in the Shopify API documentation, however, here are some sample queries to get you started:
For shop information
Managing the number of query responses
To manage your query response, you can paginate your response, add limits to your query, or let Klipfolio manage the number of responses.
To get the most data, select Paginate and get up to 10,000 responses.
Or, to get a specific number of responses, add a limits parameter to your query.
Note: Make sure Paginate is not selected because it overrides limits.
No Pagination or Limits
If you do not select Paginate or add limits, Klipfolio will return 50 responses.
Complete the data source creation process
Now that you have written your query,
- At Method, select GET (or POST).
- Select Submit.
Note: In addition to your raw data source, you can create a modelled version of your data source at this stage. To create a modelled data source, ensure that the checkbox next to Model this data source is selected before clicking Continue.
To learn more about creating a modelled data source, click here.
- If you are happy with the data, select Continue.
- Save your new data source.