Xero is the global leader in online accounting, making small businesses better by saving time on back-office processes and giving their advisors the ability to provide higher-value, higher-impact services.
In order to associate your data with the Klip you add to your dashboard from the Gallery, you will need:
- Your Xero credentials
To add a Xero Klip to your dashboard:
You now have a Xero Klip.
Note: You may need to align your data source field names with the default names in Klipfolio's Xero Klips.
Klipfolio's Xero Klips refer to Xero data by default field names. If your Xero account uses a different field name (for example, if you changed the field name) for a field used in a Xero klip, you will have to make the corresponding change in the Xero Klip (after adding it) by editing its XPath.
The following example changes the references to Current Assets and Accounts Receivable to Assets and Trade Debtors in the Xero Accounts Receivable and Payable Klip template:
- Select the Accounts Receivable Value subcomponent field to be edited.
- In the formula bar, select the field that references Account Receivable in the data source (value).
- Click XPath to open the XPath editor.
- In the XPath editor, change:
//*[Row[Title = "Current Assets" ]]//Row/Cells[descendant::Value="Accounts Receivable"]/Cell/Value
//*[Row[Title = "Assets" ]]//Row/Cells[descendant::Value="Trade Debtors"]/Cell/Value
- Click Simple to close the XPath editor.
- Multiple references to the same value can simply be copied and pasted within the formula editor (that is, without editing the XPath).
For more information on JSON data sources and the XPath editor, see About JSON and XML Data Sources.