Pre-built Klips enable you to quickly set up a dashboard using predefined visualizations that display common key metrics. Xero pre-built Klips are found in the Klip Gallery or, for White Label customers, in the Integration Gallery.
To connect your Xero data to a pre-built Klip from the Klip Gallery, you will need:
- Your Xero credentials
- Your Xero organization ID
To add a Xero pre-built Klip to your dashboard:
- With a dashboard open, click Add a Klip.
- Select a Xero Klip from the Klip Gallery and click Add to Dashboard.
- Click Done.
- Click the Xero Klip's 3-dot menu and then click Connect your data.
- If this is your first time connecting to Xero: Click Connect an account. Enter your Xero login credentials and click Log in. If prompted, click Allow Access to enable Klipfolio to securely access your Xero data. To confirm the organization you want data for is now connected to Klipfolio, click the drop-down arrow at Select another organisation, where it will be listed under “Already connected”. Back out of the list view and click Continue. Click Continue again to enter the Configure data source page.
- If you've connected to Xero before: Click Next Step.
- On the Configure data source page, enter your Xero organization ID.
- At Organization name. click the drop-down and select the organization name for which you want to get data. Note: For this field to auto-populate, you must first enter your Xero organization ID (in the previous step).
- If applicable, at Expense, click the drop-down and select the expense type for which you want to get data.
- Click Update Klip.
- Click Finished.
Adjusting default field names
You may need to align your data source field names with the default names that are used in our pre-built Xero Klips.
Klipfolio's Xero Klips refer to Xero data by default field names. If your Xero account uses a different field name (for example, if you changed the field name) for a field used in a Xero Klip, you will have to make the corresponding change in the Xero Klip (after adding it) by editing its XPath.
The following example changes the references to "Current Assets" and "Accounts Receivable" to "Assets" and "Trade Debtors" in the Xero Accounts Receivable and Payable Klip template:
- In the Klip Editor, select the Accounts Receivable Value subcomponent field to be edited.
- In the formula bar, select the field that references Accounts Receivable in the data source (value).
- Click XPath to open the XPath editor.
- In the XPath editor, change:
//*[Row[Title = "Current Assets" ]]//Row/Cells[descendant::Value="Accounts Receivable"]/Cell/Value
//*[Row[Title = "Assets" ]]//Row/Cells[descendant::Value="Trade Debtors"]/Cell/Value
- Click Simple to close the XPath editor.
Multiple references to the same value can be copied and pasted within the formula editor (that is, without editing the XPath).
For more information on JSON data sources and the XPath editor, see About JSON and XML data sources.