|Data Source Type:||REST/URL|
|Authentication:||Basic HTTP Authentication|
|Sample Query:||For Stripe Charges:
|API Documentation:||Stripe API Documentation|
To create a data source using Stripe, you need to accomplish the following tasks:
- Find your Stripe Live Secret Key
- Start the data source creation process using Stripe
- Craft your query and enter it into Klipfolio
- Authenticate and complete the data source creation process
Note: This guide assumes that you already have an active Stripe account.
Step 1: Find your Stripe Live Secret Key
You will need your Stripe Live Secret Key to create your Stripe data source.
To find your Stripe Live Secret Key:
- Log in to your Stripe account.
- In Stripe, select Your Account.
- Select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select API Keys.
Note: If you do not see your API Keys, this means you don't have the right access permissions. You will need to get in touch with the administrator of your account for the API Keys, or request that they make you an administrator in the account's team settings.
- In Stripe, copy your Live Secret Key and paste it into Klipfolio.
Step 2: Start the data source creation process using Stripe
To create a data source using Stripe, go to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and select the REST/URL connector option.
Step 3: Craft your query and enter it into Klipfolio
Stripe offers a wide variety of queries. Refer to their API Docs for more options.
Here is a sample query to get you started:
For Stripe charges:
This example limits the number of responses to 100.
Step 4: Complete the data source creation process
Now that you have crafted your query:
- At Data Format, select JSON from the drop-down menu.
- At Method, select GET.
- At Type, select Basic HTTP Authentication from the drop-down menu.
- At Username, enter your Stripe Live Secret Key.
- Leave Password blank.
- Select Get data.
Note: In addition to your unmodelled data source, you can create a modelled version of your data source at this stage. To create a modelled data source, ensure that the checkbox next to Model this data source is selected before clicking Continue.
To learn more about creating a modelled data source, click here.
- If you are satisfied with the data returned, select Continue.