You can download a Klip to your computer as a PDF file or Image file or save the data to your computer as a .csv file type. This can be useful for retaining a "snapshot" of a Klip (because a Klip may change over time), or if you want to use a Klip in your company's website or documentation, or if you want to manipulate underlying data.
Note: Some HTML and Image components may not render on PDFs if they take too long to load. When a Klip contains a drop-down list or is configured for drill-down, the default or top-level value is displayed.
To download a Klip
Follow the steps below to download a Klip.
- Select a Klip that you want to download.
- Click the Menu icon.
- Click Download as and select either PDF, Image, or CSV / Excel (data only).
- If you selected PDF, configure the PDF Settings, noting the following:
- Layout: Select either Portrait or Landscape.
- Size > Fit to one page: displays all content on one page by reducing the font size.
- Size > Multiple pages: inserts page breaks appropriately to keep content together.
- Size > Multiple pages (no breaks): maintains the layout whenever possible. Content may flow to the next page.
- Comments: Select the check box if you want to include comments in the downloaded Klip.
- Quality: For a larger file size consider lowering the quality by selecting the Low (better for large images) check box.
- Date/Time: is disabled by default. When enabled, Date/Time is displayed in Eastern Time.
- Width: Select either Use current width or Custom (specify the width in pixels).
- Format: Select either PNG (default) or JPG (better for larger images).
- Theme: Select either Light or Dark background.
- Title: Select the check box if you want to Include the Klip title.
The resulting output for a Bar/Line chart component, for example, is a column of values for the x-axis and a column of values for each series of data that is displayed in the Klip.
Note: If your CSV download fails, your Klip may contain too much data.
- Downloading a dashboard and all of its Klips to your computer
- Emailing a snapshot of a dashboard and all of its Klips