To simplify client dashboard development, dashboards, Klips and data sources (collectively referred to as assets) can be imported into a client account either from a partner account or another client account. In addition, formula updates to imported Klips can be pushed to client instances. This article describes how to import assets and update Klip instances in client accounts.
|Terminology||assets - dashboards, Klips and data sources
master - the original dashboard, Klip or data source
instance - the copy of a master dashboard, Klip or data source imported into a client account
Importing dashboards, Klips and data sources
When a dashboard is imported, all associated Klips and data sources are imported with it. Similarly, when a Klip is imported, all associated data sources are imported with it.
To import dashboards, Klips or data sources into an account:
- Sign in to the client account as an administrator.
- Go to the Library and select the type of asset you want to import: Dashboards, Klips or Data Sources.
- Click Import.
- Select the asset to be imported and click Next.
- A list of the assets selected and all associated assets is displayed. Confirm the items to be imported and click Import Now.
- The imported asset is now in the client's Library and is available to be added to the client's dashboard.
- Share the imported asset as required (see Creating groups and setting default dashboards).
If the import returns an error
Import errors are typically due to formula errors in the original (master) Klip. In this case,
- In the client account, delete the imported assets.
- In the master account, review the master Klip formulas and data sources and fix any errors.
- Try the import again.
- If the import error persists, contact email@example.com.
Updating imported Klips
When a Klip is imported into a client account, an instance of that Klip is created. Formula changes to the original Klip can be pushed to all instances of the Klip (data source changes and additions cannot be pushed) using Update Client Instances. Unlike re-importing a Klip, it is not necessary to reconfigure scheduled email snapshots and published dashboards.
To apply Klip updates to client instances:
- Either in the Klip editor, select Save & Update Client Instances from the Save and Exit menu
or apply updates after the Klip has been saved: select the Klip from the Klip library and click Update Client Instances
- A list of the client instances of the Klip is displayed. Click Update Now to apply the updates.
View Klip instances
To view instances of a Klip, select the Klip from the Klip library to the Library and click View Client Instances.
Resources to help you manage clients: