You manage clients in the Clients section in Klipfolio.
This article describes:
- How to add clients
- How to remove clients
- How to add users and resources to client accounts
- How to share dashboards with clients
To add a client:
- Navigate to the Clients section.
- Click the Add a Client button.
- Provide a name and description for the client. Note: This information is only available to users that have access to the parent or master account and have Admin or Editor rights.
- Set the Account Status for the client. Note: These rights only apply to users associated with the parent account.
To remove a client:
- In the Clients section, click on the Client's name.
- Click the Delete Client button.
- Confirm your selection.
You can assign users for clients and add or remove resources (users, dashboards, private links, and Klipfolio API calls) in Trial or Active mode. When in Active mode, ensure the correct number of user seats has been allocated.
Note: To add users to a client's account, you must be signed in as an Admin.
In Trial mode:
- In the Clients section, log in as an Admin for the client to which you want to add users.
- Navigate to the Users section.
- Click Add a User and fill out the required details. Note: Contact Klipfolio if you want to purchase additional seats.
- Click Save.
In Active mode:
- In the Clients section, click on the Client name.
- Click the Edit link at the top of the page.
- Add (or remove) the desired number of dashboards, API calls per day, private links, and users. Note: Contact Klipfolio if you want to purchase additional seats.
- Click Save.
Within Klipfolio there are various ways to share your dashboards with your clients:
- Grant access to users: You can grant users access to your dashboard account, for example, you can create a View Only user with a unique email address. Learn more: Adding new users.
- Share default dashboards with groups: Once you have created a group, you can manage that group’s access to dashboards to control which dashboards each group member sees on their account. Learn more: Sharing dashboards with groups.
- Share via published links: Published links enable you to share your dashboard with others, even those outside your organization or account. Depending on the settings you choose when creating published links, your dashboard can be publicly available and indexed and searchable by web search engines, or you can add heightened security and privacy by only allowing access to those with the URL link and password. Take a look at some of our very own public dashboards. Learn more about published links.
- Share by email: You can set up regular email snapshots based on individual data visualizations or entire dashboards. You can schedule emails to send to specific people, at specific times, and according to specified frequency rates. These reports can be generated in PDF or Image format. Learn more about sharing dashboards via email.
- Display on wallboards: You can set your dashboards to full screen TV mode within Klipfolio and display them on office wallboards and monitors. Learn how to share your dashboard on a wallboard.
- Share with Slack: Learn how to share Klips and dashboards with Slack. Learn how to share your dashboard with Slack.