Users with admin permissions can customize the lockout settings for their account.
Settings include the ability to:
- Determine the maximum number of failed sign-in attempts before users are locked out of an account
- Specify lockout duration
- Create a message that will displays upon lockout
To customize your lockout settings:
- Click your Account Name (located at the bottom of the left navigation sidebar) and select Account > Settings > Security.
If you don’t see the above option, click the button in the left navigation sidebar and select Settings > Security.
- At Lockout, click the Edit button.
- At Lock User Out, from the drop-down menu, select the maximum number of failed sign-in attempts.
- At Lock Out Period, specify lockout duration.
Note: Optionally, keep a user locked out of their account until manual reset by selecting Until reset by admin.
- Optionally, at Lock Out Message, enter a custom message (maximum 255 characters) to display when a user is locked out of their account. If you don’t enter a message,
You have been locked out.will display by default.
- Click Save.