You can add new users to your account by sending them an email invitation. During this process, you also assign them a role and, optionally, group membership.
There are two options for adding new users:
- Option 1: Add a single user from the All Users page
- Option 2: Add one or more users by clicking the + button next to Users in the side navigation.
Note: You can refer to the user count at the top of your All Users page to see how many users you currently have in your account. You can see how many users your plan includes by clicking the shopping cart in the side navigation or navigating to Account > Buy Now to view your current plan.
When you add new users (one at a time) from the All Users page, you can also assign them membership to different groups.
To add a single user with option 1:
- Click Users.
- Click the Add a User button.
- Optionally, enter the new user’s first and last name.
Note: If you don’t enter a first and last name, the new user is created with the default name Last, First. When the user accepts their invitation, the first and last name name they enter overwrite the default names.
- Enter the new user’s email address.
- Optionally, include the user in one or more existing groups.
- Assign the user one of our built-in roles or an existing custom role.
Note: You must create custom roles before you can assign them to a user. If you assign a user Administrator rights, they will have access to all information associated with your account, regardless of group membership. For more information, see User Roles and Access Permissions.
- Click Save.
From the side navigation bar, you can add one or more users and give them an existing role. During the user creation process for option 2, you cannot configure group membership. To assign new users to groups, complete the invite process, then navigate to Users > Groups. To learn about creating groups, click here.
To add one or more users with option 2:
- Click the + button on the Users tab.
- Type or paste one or more email addresses into the Invite users dialog. Separate addresses by using the enter key, commas, semicolons, or spaces.
Note: Users are created with the default name Last, First. When a user accepts their invitation, the name they enter overwrites the default name.
- Assign the user one of our built-in roles or click Show custom roles to select a custom role from the drop-down.
Note: You must create custom roles before you can assign them to a user. For more information, see User Roles and Access Permissions.
- Click Invite.
In all cases, an email is automatically sent inviting the new user to create a password and log into the dashboard. New users have the choice of entering their name and password manually or signing up with their Google account.
To learn more about Klipfolio sign in options, click here.
Send a new user an invite link or a new password link
An Administrator also has the option to grant a user access to a dashboard by generating a unique URL. For example, if a user does not receive an invitation by email, an administrator can send a user a custom URL to log into a dashboard.
- Click Users.
- Under All Users, select a user.
- From the About User page, select the Get New Invite Link (or, Get New Password Link).
A unique URL is generated. When clicked the user is prompted to create a password and is automatically logged into the dashboard account.
Note: Click the Resend Invite link to generate a new email invitation. An email invite is only valid for 48 hours from the time it is sent.
Email address already in use?
You may get a message saying that the email address you entered is 'already in use'. Email addresses must be unique to Klipfolio.
Possible reasons why email addresses are already in use:
- Your colleague has an active trial.
- Your colleague has an expired trial.
- Your colleague was added to a different account/company.
- If they have an expired trial that they don't need anymore, they could delete their Klipfolio account that is tied to that email address.
- If they have an active trial that they don't need, ask them to delete that trial.
- If they need to use the current email address for another Klipfolio account, ask them for a different email address.
- If your colleague doesn't know if they have an existing account, contact Klipfolio support.