You can grant other users access to a dashboard account. For example, you might want to create a View Only user with a unique email address for displaying a dashboard of Klips on a big screen.
- Click Users.
- Click the Add a User button.
- Type in the name and email address of the new user.
- Determine whether to include this user in one or more existing groups.
- Assign the user one of three built-in roles. For more information, see User Roles and Access Permissions.
An email is automatically sent inviting the new user to create a password and log into the dashboard.
Important: If you assign a user Administrator rights, they will have access to all information associated with your account, regardless of group membership.
Is your dashboard ready for new users? Use this checklist to find out.
Send a new user an invite link or a new password link
An Administrator also has the option to grant a user access to a dashboard by generating a unique URL. For example, if a user does not receive an invitation by email, an administrator can send a user a custom URL to log into a dashboard.
- Click Users.
- Under All Users, select a user.
- From the About User page, select the Get New Invite Link (or, Get New Password Link).
A unique URL is generated. When clicked the user is prompted to create a password and is automatically logged into the dashboard account.
Note: Click the Resend Invite link to generate a new email invitation. An email invite is only valid for 48 hours from the time it is sent.
Email address already in use?
You may get a message saying that the email address you entered is 'already in use'. Email addresses must be unique to Klipfolio.
Possible reasons why email addresses are already in use:
- Your colleague has an active trial.
- Your colleague has an expired trial.
- Your colleague was added to a different account/company.
- If they have an expired trial that they don't need anymore, they could delete their Klipfolio account that is tied to that email address.
- If they have an active trial that they don't need, ask them to delete that trial.
- If they need to use the current email address for another Klipfolio account, ask them for a different email address.
- If your colleague doesn't know if they have an existing account, contact Klipfolio support.