To delete a user, you must be assigned to a role with the necessary permissions, for example, the Admin role that's included by default in your account. Learn more about roles and permissions here.
To delete a user:
- Click Users in the left navigation sidebar.
If you don’t see the above option, click the button in the left navigation sidebar and select Users.
- Click the check box beside the name of the user you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
All assets (Klips, dashboards, and data sources) that were owned by the deleted user are automatically transferred to the person deleting the user. You will need to reconfigure some data sources because data source tokens cannot be transferred.
Why can't I delete a user?
If you are having trouble deleting a user, it could be that:
- You have a custom role assigned to you that doesn't include all of the necessary permissions. Learn more about custom roles here.
- The user is the Primary Contact. Klipfolio will not let you delete the primary contact of an account until you have selected another user as the primary contact.
To change the primary contact for an account:
- Click your Account Name (located at the bottom of the left navigation sidebar) and select Account > Company.
If you don’t see the above option, click the button in the left navigation sidebar and select Account.
- Within Company Info, beside Primary Contacts, click Edit.
- Select another user as the primary contact.
- Click Save.
Why did some of the user's assets not get transferred?
If some or all of the deleted user's assets didn't get transferred upon user deletion it could be because the admin who deleted the user has a custom role that doesn't include all of the necessary permissions.
- User roles and access permissions (legacy)
- User roles and access permissions (new)
- Removing a user from a custom role
- Removing a custom role
- Checklist for adding new users