What’s new? You might notice some changes to your Klipfolio homepage in how you view and manage your dashboards. We’ve combined Active Dashboards and Dashboards, streamlining the workspace to help you build faster and stay organized.
In the new interface:
- Clicking Dashboards brings you to your list of all dashboards - think of this as your dashboard master list, where you can see details for each dashboard, rename or permanently remove dashboards, and open (add) to your list of active dashboards.
- Your list of active dashboards always displays under Dashboards, giving you fast access to the dashboards you use the most.
- Multiple instances of the same dashboard can exist in your side navigation panel to allow a user to filter the same dashboard according to different criteria. You can have multiple instances of the same dashboard open if you open the same dashboard multiple times from the dashboard list page.
- You can remove dashboards from the active list by selecting Hide from list from a dashboard's 3-dot menu (they will still be accessible from your master list of dashboards).
- To add a new, blank dashboard to your list of active dashboards (and to your master list), simply click the + Create a dashboard button next to Dashboards.
- You can click Dashboards > Dashboard Gallery to access a selection of pre-built dashboards to add to your account.
- Right-click any heading in the in the left navigation bar to open it in a new tab or window.
Working with dashboards
Dashboards are used to organize and display Klips™ and PowerMetrics. You can access all of your dashboards (from your master list of dashboards) or only ones that are currently active (from the list of open dashboards in the left navigation bar).
This article focuses on general settings and editing options for dashboards, including the following:
- Accessing dashboard details
- Adding a dashboard
- Adding an existing dashboard to your list of open dashboards
- Editing a dashboard
How do I see the details for a dashboard?
The About this dashboard page includes details for each dashboard, such as its name, description, owner, time last updated, dashboard usage, and ID.
- In an open dashboard, click the 3-dot menu and click About this dashboard.
How do I add a new dashboard?
Start from scratch by adding a blank dashboard and then populating it with Klips and PowerMetrics.
Each dashboard can contain up to 30 assets (Klips and PowerMetrics, combined) of which up to 15 can be PowerMetrics.
To add a blank dashboard, click the + button beside Dashboards or click Dashboards > Add a Blank Dashboard. Your new dashboard will instantly be added to the end of your active list of open dashboards in the left navigation bar as well as your master list of dashboards.
To add Klips to a blank dashboard:
- With the dashboard open, click the button.
- Either click My Klips, to select an existing Klip from your list of Klips, or select a pre-built Klip from the Klip® Gallery, or click Build a Custom Klip, to build your own Klip from scratch.
- Continue adding Klips as desired.
Learn more about building Klips.
To add PowerMetrics to a blank dashboard:
- With the dashboard open, click the button.
- On the Add a PowerMetric page, click the + button beside the PowerMetric(s) you want to add to the dashboard.
- When you're finished adding PowerMetrics, click Done.
When you add a PowerMetric to a dashboard, you can choose its display options by clicking its 3-dot menu and selecting Configure. You can create multiple perspectives (views) of the same PowerMetric on one dashboard. You can also learn more about the PowerMetric, by clicking About, or remove the PowerMetric by clicking Remove from dashboard. Learn how to configure a PowerMetric here. Learn more about creating PowerMetrics here.
How do I add a pre-built dashboard?
Pre-built dashboards are an effective way to quickly gather thematically-related Klips into a single, purposeful dashboard.
To add a pre-built dashboard:
- Click Dashboards > Dashboard Gallery.
- Click Learn More to get details for a specific dashboard.
- Click Get this dashboard + to add a dashboard to your account.
How do I add an existing dashboard to my list of open dashboards?
You can get fast access to your most relevant and frequently used dashboards by adding them to your list of open dashboards.
To open an existing dashboard:
- Click Dashboards.
- From your master list of dashboards, locate the dashboard you want to open and click the Open dashboard button.
How do I edit a dashboard?
Dashboard editing options include:
- Setting a Light or Dark Theme
- Updating the dashboard name and description
- Adjusting the dashboard layout
- Repositioning the dashboard's Klips and PowerMetrics
- Removing the dashboard from the list of open dashboards
- Deleting the dashboard permanently
To set a Light or Dark Theme:
- From the left navigation bar, click the name of any open, active dashboard.
- Click the Themes button.
Note: When you select a Light or Dark theme for your dashboard, your selection is applied to all of your dashboards.
To change the name and description of a dashboard:
You modify the name and description for dashboards by selecting Edit Properties on the About this Dashboard page.
If you only want to rename an open dashboard, you can click its 3-dot menu and click Rename... > Apply.
To adjust the dashboard layout:
- With the dashboard you want to edit selected, click Layout and select either the Custom or Template option.
Templates offer predefined layout options. The Custom layout offers more flexibility, enabling you to select the number of grid columns within which to display your Klips and PowerMetrics and to adjust individual Klip and PowerMetric height and width.
To reposition Klips and PowerMetrics on a dashboard:
- In the left navigation bar, click an open dashboard.
- Decide on the layout of the dashboard and reposition the Klips and PowerMetrics accordingly by clicking and dragging.
To remove a dashboard from the list of active dashboards:
Note: When you hide a dashboard, you are only removing it from view. The dashboard continues to be accessible from your master list of dashboards.
- In the left navigation bar, click the 3-dot menu for the dashboard you want to remove.
- Click Hide from list.
To delete a dashboard permanently:
Note: When you delete a dashboard using this method, it is removed from your account and is no longer accessible.
- Click Dashboards and select the dashboard from your master list.
Note: You can also multi-select several dashboards to delete at once by clicking the check boxes.
- Click Delete Dashboard.
- Select either Delete this dashboard only or Delete this dashboard and its Klips and data sources and click Next.
- If you selected Delete this dashboard only, click Delete to confirm or Cancel.
If you selected Delete this dashboard and its Klips and data sources, review the listed assets and click Delete Now or Cancel.
Note: If you also use PowerMetrics, confirm that none of the data sources are also being used by PowerMetrics before clicking Delete Now. If you decide you don’t want to delete any of the listed assets from your dashboard, click Cancel to close the dialogue.
To learn more about options for deleting a dashboard, see Deleting a Klip, dashboard, or data source.
- Combining PowerMetrics and Klips on a dashboard
- Changing your dashboard logo
- Sharing Klip dashboards
- Creating groups and setting default dashboards
- Displaying your dashboard on a large screen
- Sharing your dashboard using published links
- Downloading a dashboard and all of its Klips to your computer
- Emailing a snapshot of a dashboard and all of its Klips